Write me a letter
Write it today
I'm goin' away
Aerosmith - Write me a letter ♪ ♪ ♫
Hi family
My name is Melanie, I’m 21 years old. I’m from São Paulo, Brazil, one of the biggest cities in the world and which has a reputation for good workers. I live in a nice neighborhood with my mom, my sister (Marjorie 17) and my brother (Nicolas 14). My parents are divorced but they remain good friends. My dad lives in a nearby neighborhood, and my siblings and I often go out with my dad. Even that he doesn’t live with us, he’s always near, and we really get along together. My mom is my best friend in whole world. My grandparents are my next-door neighbours, they are from Spain and I consider myself a Brazilian - Spanish girl. We all have strong family values. We use to have dinner, the whole family together, once in a week at least. We are used to travel together on vacations and spend some weekends together. I can say we are a happy and connected family. We all contribute in the housework: we take turns tasks like cooking, dishwashing, bed making, shopping, washing and ironing clothes, etc.
I am someone who is constantly in a good mood, looking for new ideas, always trying to find positive things even in difficult times; I am extremely friendly, determined, dedicated and curious laid back. People say I'm confident, honest and easy going person. Frankly speaking, I believe in my maturity and capacity for adaptation and overcoming. I'm working really hard to become an Au Pair and for my English studies too. I want to learn as much as possible before leaving Brazil, and then, improve it when I arrive in U.S.A.
I’m an architecture student, I’m at the third year of college, and I have a passion for it. It stimulates my creativity, sensitivity, organization and perception, besides it shows different values, and different points of view. These are important things to learn in life. Another passion I have are children. I think they are the most important and amazing beings: they are honestly sincere, loving, pure and funny. I identify with them and I really enjoy spending my time with them, it is a great learning.
I’m a person that likes to stay in touch with nature and animals and practice sports. I practice Flamenco dance three times a week, go out for a walk or ride with a friend twice a week and go to the gym and swim whenever I can. I also like to drive around the city and find out new places to see. I like to spend my time doing things that make me feel good, add something in my life or transmit me some kind of knowledge, for example, reading (books and architectural magazines), drawing, dancing, going to parks, libraries, theater, cinema, etc. I like to spend my time with people who care about me and I care about too, like my family, cousins, teachers, children, and friends.
My experience with children started in 2005. I took cared of the mother friend’s children. Since then, I take care of them, twice a month, while the moms go out together. They are two boys of 8 and 10 years old, but at the beginning they were 3 and 5 years. We are really close and we have a lot of fun together. Most of the times we spend together are weekends or holidays, so we use this time to play and have some fun: watch movies, go out for a town walk, play soccer, draw, play games, and a lot of other stuff. I also assist them in lunch time and personal hygiene.
In 2006 and 2007 I did volunteer work in the school I studied, tutoring the kindergarten children (10 kids with ages 4 to 6), three times a week. I helped them with the lessons, the snack time, playtime and time of departure. In festive days I used to dress a costume to entertain the kids. They really like to play with the characters; they had great afternoons playing with Teddy Bear or Easter Bunny. The kids and I created a strong relationship. Even now, after all these years, when I go visit the school I have a great reception from all the kids, they hug me, kiss me, say that they miss me, and ask me not to leave. I love it, because I can see that I am part of their lives just like they are in mine.
Last year (2009) I took care of two beautiful sisters, Bia and Bella (they are now 7 and 9 years old) five days a week. I used to take care of them in the afternoon, when they arrived school. I helped them with their homework, bath, feed them and we played games too, of course! Children need fun. These little girls are lovely, kind, and very polite. They also dance Flamenco, so we used to practice together and have an afternoon with fun, joy and Spanish guitar.
I'm a volunteer in an NGO for destitute children since last year. They have a lot of programs that bring some happiness and joy for these kids. For example the "Christmas Party": each volunteer take care of two or three kids; they attend concerts, play, and attend educational workshops. It is an unforgettable day for those kids and for the volunteers too. It is an incredible day that the kids have fun and receives care and attention from volunteers. It is an exciting experience! This year I participated of another program of this NGO called "Day Dream". I took care of two amazing little girls – Isabelle(6) and Geoavana(5). We spent whole afternoon together having a lot of fun in an amusement park called “Hopi Hari”. It was an amazing day, rewarding and lovely. I can hardly wait for the next event of the NGO!
Currently, I take care of a little girl. Her name is Leticia, she’s ten, and full of energy. She’s a really smart girl, we get along very well and have a good time together. I take care of her five days a week, after she arrives from school till her mother get home. I aid her with the homework, bath and food. We have long conversations about everything. We play together and sometimes, after homework, we go out for a walk through the city. We are creating a great friendship.
I consider myself a determinate and happy woman. I like to have fun wherever I am. My head and heart works together. I like the simple things, I like to learn and discover new things, I like things I consider really important in life. I'm natural, sincere, honestly, funny and I really like to play! Besides, I don't keep remorse, I like to keep my friends close and make new ones. I’m an activity person; I do not like to sit alone at home and just doing nothing. Besides my experience I can guarantee a friendly and polite treatment for everyone. I'm polite, patient and always on time. I'm a person who likes to talk about things and try to help as good as I can. I always focused on my goals and follow rules as they are.
I would like to be an Au Pair, 'cause I can feel that is the right thing and moment to do now. It’s a great chance for me to learn. Being an Au Pair I will get together two things I cherish and love in life: live with children and learning. Learn not only another language, but also another country, another culture, another people, and another ways of living. Besides I really love children. I think that it is a big learning. I think it will be a great experience! I hope I find a family that cares about me the way I'm disposed to care about they too. I want to give the kids funny moments and also help them develop their skills, respecting their childhood.
For me it is really important that I feel comfortable with the family, and also that they feel the same with me, so I hope that we can be able to exchange our experiences and develop a pleasant and positive relationship. I really want to feel part of the family. I'm sure we can do a great friendship and make 2011 an extraordinary year for us all. I hope we can talk soon, so we can learn more about each other.
Right now I’m a little anxious, but I can feel it will be a great year. I think things happen for a reason, and the moments lived needs to be intense and unforgettable. Last, but not least, I wanna thank you for reading my letter. It all means more then I can explain in words.
With my best wishes and regards,
Mell
Halloween
Há um ano
Mellllll do céu...
ResponderExcluirSuper carta... de respeito!!!!hahaha
Demorarei alguns dias para le-la....mas lerei!!!rs
E como anda o processo?
Beijos
Mell, achei que a carta ficou suuuuper boa!!! Meu deus, como tu conseguiu pensar em tudo isso? hahahahaha Pra mim foi um terror escrever e não escrevi nem metade disso :X
ResponderExcluirQue bom que já entregaste o app, vou torcer pra ficares on logo (yn)
Beijoooos
Oie, tdo bem ?? adorei seu blog e a carta esta ótima tbm, parabéns!!!
ResponderExcluirbjs
Evelin
Olá! =]
ResponderExcluirObrigada pelo comentário no meu bloguinho!
Te linkei lá já! Seja muito bem vinda sempre =D
Pois é.. estou na espera de ficar ON e torcendo pra que não me liguem dos EUA né.. kkkkkkkk
Beijooos
Olá Mell, tudo bem?! É minha primeira vez por aqui... bem... acho que é (são tantos blogs!!)... Enfim! Achei muito bacana seu blog, por isso estou te seguindo, OK?!
ResponderExcluirPuxa vida!!! Que carta boa, hein?! A minha eu terminei esse final de semana, graças a Deus! Não vejo a hora de acabar meu APP! E dar o submit!!! ai ai ai...
Boa sorte, com seu processo!! Se seu APP estiver como a carta, pode ter certeza de que você vai rapidinho!
Bjo!!! Até mais!
p.s.: amei sua lista de Desejos e ambições... e posso dizer que também super quero maioria das coisas que você citou! ahuahauahauhauhauahua
Oiii, primeira vez aqui no seu blog! *-*
ResponderExcluirE adorei, mas confesso, não li tudo da sua super carta! Mas vou ler sim =D
Gostei do seu blog!
e vou te seguir ta bom?
Beeijos
Linda sua carta, com certeza vai achar logo sua family!
ResponderExcluirBjux
Oooi Mell!!!Nossa, me identifiquei muito com seu blog, adorei! E vi seus vídeos, ri mt no de erros, devia ter feito isso, mas daria umas 2 hs!haha
ResponderExcluirClaro q sim, meu msn: sheilla778@hotmail.com
Bjãao linda!
=D
Melll, meu comentario desapareceu, num sei de foi mas lá vai outra vez:
ResponderExcluirNossa me identifiquei muito com seu blog! Me diverti muito tb, vi seus videos, o dos erros. huhuauaha...Devia ter feito um tb, mas daria umas 2hs!hahaha
Claro q sim, meu msn é: sheilla778@hotmail.com
Vamos manter contato!
Bjãao linda!
=DD
Mel! Obrigada pelo seu comentario no meu blog! Esse processo de au pair é mesmo regido por ansiedade atrás de ansiedade! hauahuah..
ResponderExcluire ó, ficou ótima a sua letter, adorei! Já estou te seguindo tambem! Parabens pelo blog e pelos posts, estão otimos!
Beijoos
oiiiiiii mell, ai não caiu a ficha ainda não aheiuhaeiohaehae
ResponderExcluirfiz o que tu me falou!! fui lá e encontrei um 'a cozinha maravilhosa de ofélia' e comprei um pequeno de churrasco também (porque eu sou gaúcha hahahaha) que eu achei bonito! bem baratinho, daí resolvi comprar havaianas pros hosts tambem, mas to esperando a resposta com o tamanho, espero que dê tempo de eu comprar!
ebaaaaaa, vamos nos ver amanhããã!!! :D:D:D
também estou super feliz que vamos nos ver!!
beijinhosss, see u tomorrow!!!